Last updated: September 15, 2021
Uphill Studio LLC. ("Uphill Studio", "us", "we", or "our") offers a range of products and services, including Software as a Service offerings in the Cloud, publicly accessible websites and software that can be installed locally on servers, workstations and mobile devices. References to Uphill Studio LLC. products in this statement include all our services, websites, apps, software and servers, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This privacy statement informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Products and Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our Products and Services. By using one of our Products and Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Uphill Studio complies with international data protection laws, with particular attention Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020
Information and Data Collection
How we collect data
We collect several data from you, through your interactions with our Products and Services. Some of this information is provided by your directly by filling out forms, questionnaires or entering your details and other data is automatically collected through your interactions.
You are in control of the information you share with us, when you are asked to provide personal data, you will have the option to decline. Some of our Products and Services will have some minimum requirement of personal data to operate, if you choose not to provide data necessary to operate a Product, Service or specific feature, you will not be able to use that Product, Service or specific feature. Where we need to collect personal data by law or to set up a contract with you some personal information will be required to proceed.
Uphill Studio will collect your data in these scenarios:
- You sign up for a trial of one of our Products or Services
- You order/purchase one of our Product or Service from us
- You participate in our survey or attend one of our seminars or webinars
- You subscribe to one of our newsletters
- You contact us via phone or email
- You submit one of the forms on one of our websites
- You visit one of our websites
- You use one of our games (applications) on your PC or mobile device
Types of Data Collected
While using our Products and Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include:
- Email address
- Unique identifier of the login in service (identity provider) you used when logging in (e.g. Google account)
- Payment account details details when making payments through PayPal or other payment providers
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you use our Products or Services or when you access a Product or Service through a mobile device or start one of our applications ("Usage Data"): This Usage Data may include:
- IP address of the device you used to access our Products or Services
- Browser (or client software) type and version
- Operating System type and version
- The pages and screens of our Products or Services that you visit
- The time and date of your visit and usage of our Products and Services, the time spent on each page or screen
- Anonymized diagnostic data
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Products and Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Products and Services.
Cookies we use:
- Functional Cookies: To keep you signed in to your account across multiple pages or screens and to remember your preferences and various settings
- Web Analytics: We use third party web analytics from multiple vendors to analyze the traffic and your visits to your websites. Please review their respective privacy policies:
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Legal Obligation: the processing is necessary for you and us to comply with the law
- Performance of a contract: the use of your information may be required to operate the Product or Service you requested from us
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, primarily in the interest of security and auditing
- Consent: we may rely on your consent to use your Personal Data for certain direct marketing purposes. Whenever we rely on your consent for processing your Personal Data, you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Use of Data
We use the collected data for these purposes:
- To operate and maintain the Products and Services you requested from us
- To notify you about changes to our Products and Services (this does not refer to marketing materials, newsletters, etc.)
- Processing orders, payments and invoices
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Complying with statutory obligations, including (i) provision of data to authorized authorities in the context of criminal investigations, (ii) complying with (applicable) data retention obligations, and (iii) the provision to third parties of Data concerning customers in connection with an infringement of these third parties’ rights
- Investigating and processing suspected violations of our Terms or Service, acceptable use policy or license violations
Sharing of Data
We will never sell your data or share your data with advertisers.
We may share data about you with Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities to the extent required by law. We will inform you of any requests about your data from any such party, unless doing so has been restricted by applicable law or specific orders.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
We store and process data exclusively within the United States of America, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Republic of Ireland.
We use these hosting partners to store and process data and to provide all our services:
- Digital Ocean
Read more about Digital Ocean's Trust Platform
- Microsoft Azure
Read more in Microsoft's Azure Trust center
Read more in Cloudflare's Trust hub
Retention of Data
We will store your Personal Data only for the duration it is necessary to perform the purposes of processing as stated in this privacy statement; unless otherwise required by law. After your Personal Data is deemed to be unnecessary we will remove it from all systems within the next 90 days.
Security of Data
A key part of ensuring privacy is security. While we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely it is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We observe adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, Personal Data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the Personal Data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the Personal Data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access Personal Data during their work.
All your data is stored in a secured environment with our trusted hosting partners. For the security policies and access protection provided by them please refer to their respective policies:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Rights for your Data
In accordance with data protection laws, you have several rights regarding your Personal Data and the processing thereof. Even if your local laws do not explicitly grant you these rights, we will still honor them.
- You may view and change any Personal Data we have collected, at any time
- You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your Personal Data (right to be forgotten).
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, at any time to processing of your Personal Data.
- You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time by giving us notice. Upon receipt of a notice where your consent is withdrawn, we will without undue delay stop processing your Personal Data to the extent it is required under law. should you wish to withdraw your consent given under this privacy statement
If we implement a change in how we deal with Personal Data for which we require your consent, we will re-request your consent.